Adults need to be getting 7-9 hours of sleep per night. (Children and teenagers require even more.) Are you getting the recommended amount??? You can view a recommended sleep chart (by age) by the sleep foundation here.
Today I'd like to share with you 10 Tips for Better Sleep. I hope that with these tips, you will soon be more rested and feeling much much better! (Note: I'm saving the best for last!) So let's get started!
1. Don't nap during the day. If you absolutely must, keep your nap at 30 minutes or less. Do not nap after 5pm.
2. Refrain from consuming caffeine (yes, that also includes chocolate!) after 2pm.
3. Workout at LEAST 3 hours prior to bedtime.
4. Do not eat a heavy meal before bedtime.
5. If you are prone to night-time trips to the bathroom- refrain from drinking anything (unless it's a sip of water, for medicine) AT LEAST 2 hours prior to bedtime.
6. I know this one is hard for some people- but you may need to kick your fur-baby out of the bed. I love our fur-babies like kiddos, but we had to do this a long time ago. I have knee problems and night time is usually when they hurt the worst. Having to fight dogs (especially large dogs) for leg-room is miserable and dramatically decreases the amount of sleep and the quality of sleep we get. Buy your fur-baby a dog bed and place on it on the floor BESIDE your bed. =)
7. If you suffer with cold feet- slip on some clean socks before bed. (I have this problem too!)
8. Keep your bedroom quiet and as dark as you can. If there are noise people/things in your house- get some ear plugs!
9. Soak in a warm bath with a few drops of lavender essential oil in it, for 15-20 minutes before bedtime.
10. Use lavender essential oil! Lavender oil can help you fall asleep faster and sleep more deeply. Put a few drops on your pillow, use an oil diffuser, or rub it (diluted with a carrier oil) on your feet before bed. This stuff is truly AMAZING! I didn't really believe all the hype about it until I tried it for myself. Now we will NEVER be without lavender essential oil in our home! (Note: Some people are unable to tolerate store-bought lavender oil. I had some that gave me a HORRIBLE head-ache every single time I used it. You must be sure they are truly 100% PURE! They are WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!
REST WELL, MY FRIENDS!!! =)
P.S. Please take a moment to comment on this post and SHARE it! To share, just click on the red "share" button below or look for the gray facebook/email/pinterest/twitter/etc icons below (depending on what type of device you're on.) Thank you so very much for your support!!! =)