Friday, April 6, 2018
20 Ways to Practice Self-Care at Home.
As mentioned in a recent blog post- As women, we typically spend most (if not all) of our time taking care of other people and putting their needs above our own. Our children, spouse or significant other, relatives, friends, clients, customers, boss, community, and the list goes on and on and on.... That, of course, puts our own needs on the back burner.
But what we need to realize is that if we don't take care of ourselves then we won't be around to take care of everyone else. Stress and exhaustion can truly wreak havoc on your health- physical health as well as mental health.
So today I just wanted to hop on here to give you 20 ways to practice self-care without even having to leave your house... After-all, a happy mama equals happy children! ;)
1. Reading - Whether that's a book, Bible, newspaper, magazine, or article. Read something for YOU- something that you actually ENJOY reading.
2. Listen to music or an inspirational podcast.
3. Take a nap.
4. Go for a walk.
5. Take a hot bubble bath or aromatherapy bath. Consider using one of our self-care kits!
6. Watch a movie that you will enjoy.
7. Give yourself a manicure or pedicure.
8. Light a candle and sit in silence.
9. Diffuse essential oils.
10. Exercise or dance.
11. Unplug completely. Close your laptop and put your phone on airplane mode.
12. Go outside and get 15 minutes of sun. Be sure to use sunscreen, if needed.
13. Write in a journal. If you're more of an artist than a writer, start a doodle-journal!
14. Play with a pet. If you don't have one, play with a neighbors pet!
15. Try your hand at something you've been wanting to learn - such as a specific craft or playing an instrument.
16. Do a hobby activity that you enjoy. Think of something you that you did BEFORE your life became so hectic, something that you really enjoyed doing. Now go do that!
17. Meditate or pray.
18. Play video games or a board game.
19. Ask someone to give you a massage.
20. If all else fails, give yourself a massage! You may not be able to do a full-body massage on yourself but hey, even a foot rub is better than nothing!
I hope you got some value from this post! Feel free to share it! Sharing is caring! <3